Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Defender no longer seems to do scheduled scans!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MarshallO

MarshallO

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

I have Windows Defender set to do a scheduled scan every day around 10:00 a.m., which it has always done. However, it doesn't seem to want to do that any more, or even indicate that a scan has been made when done manually!

On the Home page, at this moment, it just says: "Last scan: Not available."

It should have done a scheduled scan this morning (which it evidently didn't), or indicate the results of a manual scan that I made last night!

Can anybody tell me what the problem may be, and how to possibly fix it? All the settings are correct.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarshallO

MarshallO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

Additional Information: All the scan information now seems to disappear after the computer has been placed in "Sleep" mode for an extended period of time!

This was never the case before!

I hope that someone can provide a suggestion--and that this doesn't just become one the many "unanswered" Topics.

Thank you!

#3 MarshallO

MarshallO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

Sorry about the double post. I can't figure-out how to use the "Edit" feature! Once edited, there seems to be no way to repost!

#4 MarshallO

MarshallO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

I finally found the problem, and fixed it myself--no thanks to this "no help" Forum! Goodbye, bleepingcomputer.com!

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

Sorry your thread was overlooked but we are all volunteers and sometimes a topic will get overlooked. The staff at BC and most on-line community forums are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits us.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Goodbye, bleepingcomputer.com!

You ask, we jump, everyone is happy? That aint the way things work. We as volunteers provide our services to you at no cost. We do this because we like helping those that need help. But you also need to remember (Especially) when the weekend comes, we have real lives that involve real families - and they come first.

BleepingComputer does a fantastic job of taking care people. We aren't perfect - never claimed to be. But, if you look in the threads in these forums, you will find more thanks yous than screw yous. You will find that patience is rewarded with solutions. You will find someone who took time from their day to make another's day better... and that my friend is the plain and simple truth.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 MarshallO

MarshallO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

I appreciate where you're coming from, and apologize for upsetting any of you. It's just that my experience with other Forums are that they reply far sooner than people do on this one!

In any event--as I said--I fixed the problem myself.

#8 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for letting us know you fixed the problem!

So does this mean you won't be wanting your money back? :thumbsup:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users