Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video File Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jon51

jon51

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

I've had a lot of .avi files on my computer for some time now that I would like to put onto DVD disc to watch on a larger screen. I have Any Video Converter (Free and seems to work well for what I needed it for) and it allows me to convert .mpg *NTSC. Now after I convert the files I think I have tried just burning them directly to the disk and that did not work. I was wondering what other things I need to do to get them onto the disc. A good free program would be nice since it doesn't need to be professional or anything. And also I would like to put multiple small video files onto the disc also if that is possible with any free programs.

Any help would be great.

Edited by jon51, 30 August 2009 - 08:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

You'll need a DVD authoring program to make DVDs that will work on a standard DVD player. DVD Flick is a free and open source DVD authoring program that looks good. I've use it a few times and have no complaints.

Also, if you're planning on burning full-length features then you may need to get some blank dual layer DVDs. Standard DVD-R discs will hold only 4.7GB worth of data whereas dual layer DVD-R discs hold 8.5GB. They cost a pretty penny compared to single layer DVDs though.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 31 August 2009 - 01:03 AM.

#3 jon51

jon51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:54 AM

Thanks!!

Are there any Free programs that allow you to rip DVD's to you computer? If so what about splitting the movies into parts so they can fit onto cheaper dvd-r discs? Sorry I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

DVD Shrink is such a program, but may be illegal in the United States and other countries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users