Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Procedure Call

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mestuprancid

mestuprancid

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

I was on the phone with Kodak for about 2 hours since my wireless printer will not work but everyone else on the network can still access it.

Anyway he said the reason i cannot connect is because my RPC is greyed out and un able to be restarted. How can I change this service so that i can make try to get my self connected to my printer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Go to your Control Panel and open Administrative Tools
Double-click on Services and scroll down

The first RPC is set to Automatic
The second one is set to Manual

For Vista you right-click on the service and select Properties to make changes

I believe it's the same for XP
I don't remember and my XP box is down
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mestuprancid

mestuprancid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

when I got to properties to make changes its all greyed out and i cant choose anything on it. It is already set on Automatic but sitting on the phone with kodak he told me that the reason i can get my laptop to recognize my wireless printer is because i cant restart the services on RPC and Cryptographic Services.....my computer being the only one in the house that cannot use the printer and it sits right next to my computer. (and i cannot hardware connect to it because it's cancelling out the wi fi and no one else can use it)

Does anyone know about this Kodak ESP 7 printer? I have this same problem everytime i take my laptop and go and connect to my boyfriends home network and when i bring it back to mine its unable to see recognize the printer. Ive called kodak 3 times and always had to uninstall then re install the kodak software however this time it didnt work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users