Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder has copy of itself in a subfolder...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lunaz

lunaz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

I was trying to copy the stuff in Documents to an external hard drive and inside this Documents folder is a folder called E; inside that, is Documents... which is exactly the same as the other other Documents.

I tried to delete it but got errors. There's also a .doc file in there who's name is too long to delete.

How do I get rid of this problem?

Edited by lunaz, 30 August 2009 - 04:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

Do you mean you have a folder that has the same file name with the folder where it is under?

(sounds confusing. . . hope you got it. . .) :huh:

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

#3 lunaz

lunaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

no i think what i did was make a typo in a batch script so instead of going c:\documents to to e:\documents it went to e\documents ....

and i don't know how to delete the new e\documents, which is actually in c:\users\herusernamegoeshere\e\documents

lol ya i love typos

#4 lunaz

lunaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:35 AM

ok its not working. i don't understand why it nested craptons of e\documents\e\documents but it did. i can't delete them.

stuff i tried
-this
-this
-tried going down quite a few lvls and deleting, that doesnt work
-tried renaming bunches of dirs to 1 letter
-deleting them from ubuntu live cd. while in linux i crashed the file viewer before i could get to the bottom of the dirs.
-rmdir /S e\documents

i'm almost tempted to buy vista so i can reinstall it for her; she didnt get a disc with her computer of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users