Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(Vista) Google Redirect Virus, Firefox.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alexz_allen

alexz_allen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

tried to use pretty much every anivirus software that is free but the virus cuts them all off and says i dont have permission to access them.

i have successfully got rid of another virus (or it may be the same thing and i just think i got rid of it)/ trojan thingy called ws32/renos.jw and another with a simlar name. i this i have used browser based antivirus scans and one found 5 trojans and said it could delete 3 of them. i think it was the one on pandasecurity website.

I have a GooredFix log:

GooredFix by jpshortstuff (12.07.09)
Log created at 19:12 on 30/08/2009 (Alexz)
Firefox version 3.5.2 (en-GB)

========== GooredScan ==========

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\
staff@hide-my-ip.com [02:26 02/11/2008]
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} [13:31 13/09/2008]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]
"{B7082FAA-CB62-4872-9106-E42DD88EDE45}"="C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor" [01:14 18/12/2008]
"{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}"="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\" [02:23 15/08/2009]

-=E.O.F=-

but i dont understand any of it!!! Could someone give me a hand? ARGHH!

thanks in advanced!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rawriminvisible

rawriminvisible

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

tried to use pretty much every anivirus software that is free but the virus cuts them all off and says i dont have permission to access them.

Same problem with redirecting google virus with both IE and Firefox.
It also redirected me to other links which gave me trojans.

Now when I run scans it stalls them out and shut the antivirus or spyware down and locks them up.

So I can't even get a proper scan/removal or even a log for starters.
Even tried booting into safe mode and same results.

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Hello to both of you and :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.

@rawriminvisible: please start your own topic in the AII forum. Each case of infection has the potential to be unique; what cures one machine may destroy another. You should be getting instructions specific to your issue alone.

@alexz_allen:

Please follow the below instructions exactly as given. If you have already downloaded RootRepeal, please delete it before proceeding.

Please install RootRepeal
Note: Vista users ,, right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator."Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the "Drivers" tab, and then click the Posted Image button.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
RootRepeal log

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#4 rawriminvisible

rawriminvisible

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

I do have my own thread thanks and its more detailed then this.
I been refreshing all day waiting for a response seeing as my computer is pretty much disabled and I can't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users