Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building new computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Doug33

Doug33

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install XP on my new computer I built but I'm having trouble. I think there might be drivers I need to put on a floppy but I'm not entirely sure, can someone help me?

M-B: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200
GPU: GTX260 Core 216 896MB PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W High Performance and Energy Efficient Power Supply
RAM: Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB DDR3
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN 750GB SERIAL ATA/300 32MB BUFFER HARD DRIVE

One last thing, switching to Vista/Seven is not an option for me, I will not and cannot use it and I do not wish/can't spend any more money as I had to save up for 2 years for this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,130 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:26 PM

Take a look in your BIOS...see what options present themselves for IDE simulation or something like that.

Enable that.

I take it that you are getting the message that no drive/disk is being detected?

Louis

#3 voltronDefender

voltronDefender

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi;

Seems your hard drive is not detected properly by Windows. You can check out topics at Tech Support Forum re: Problems with Hard Drive during Windows XP Installation and if you may also consider slipstreaming the drivers via nlite software (nLite-1.4.9.1.installer.exe). Check out "How To Slipstream your XP installation" at

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/ho...3_and_vista_sp1

Regards,

voltronDefender :thumbsup:

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

I don't see anything there you would have to hit "F6" to load drivers for.

Go into BIOS, verify CD/DVD drive is the first boot device. Verify your drives are detected in BIOS.

With the XP disk inserted in the drive, hit the key to boot from CD when prompted.

As hamluis pointed out, don't mess with achi. Your drives should be running under IDE/IDE emulation mode.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users