Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Advice On Burning Video Files To A DVD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ratdem

ratdem

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

I'm a huge fan of the TV show Mystery Science Theater 3000, and have collected about 85% of the episodes on DVD. However, I still have about thirty VHS tapes of episodes, and I want to transfer them to DVD so that they'll take up less space, be easier to play and last longer. I bought the Pinnacle Instant DVD recorder device that carries the signal from my VCR to my PC, and used it to burn a quick half hour video to DVD without any trouble. The problem is that when I try and copy an episode of Mistie (about 90 minutes each), the video feed dissapears after about 50 to 60 minutes. The sound is there, but it's just showing a black screen. I burned one tape to DVD, thinking that maybe the display just stopped showing the video, but it would be burned just fine. No dice. Sound, but a blank screen at the 52 minute mark.

Since I was trying to transfer a copy of Shorts (a collection of five short, ten minutes or so, videos) I scanned the tape, writing down the stop times for each segment, and then set the conversion program to stop at each interval and burn the video to a HDD folder. I now have eight functioning VOB files that play just fine on my PC using Power DVD, but will not register in DVD shrink.
"If ignorance is bliss, then wipe the smile off my face."
Rage Against the Machine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users