Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delay in Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Coop-Show

Coop-Show

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:36 PM

Hello everyone.

The issue I am having is this: whenever we login to the domain on a specific laptop, it takes about 1 minute for the laptop to get its connection to the network. It is set for a static IP address, so it should connect straight up. It can take up to two minutes for the connection to show up.

This just happened after installing a new Cisco 4506 core switch into our network. No other computer has this issue though. I have tried everything I could think of and almost wonder if it is hardware related (Its a Dell).

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it....

What I have tried:
statically setting an IP address
putting an ipconfig /renew command in the login script
logging in as a different user
using a different laptop in the outlet to try to match the issue (negative)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

Hello everyone.

The issue I am having is this:  whenever we login to the domain on a specific laptop, it takes about 1 minute for the laptop to get its connection to the network.  It is set for a static IP address, so it should connect straight up.  It can take up to two minutes for the connection to show up.

This just happened after installing a new Cisco 4506 core switch into our network.  No other computer has this issue though.  I have tried everything I could think of and almost wonder if it is hardware related (Its a Dell). 

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it....

What I have tried:
statically setting an IP address
putting an ipconfig /renew command in the login script
logging in as a different user
using a different laptop in the outlet to try to match the issue (negative)

I could be wrong, but this sounds like it could be something to do with the switch rather then the network settings if non have been changed.
Have you tried to plug that computer into a different port?
Does it do it with all computers on the switch?

If you don't get a reply or possible solution you might try the Cisco support forums.
http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=main

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users