Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Stops/Crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FunderDog

FunderDog

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

Hi you guys have helped me out in the past bigtime and now i need your help again.

I have noticed over the last 10 days or so that my computer freezes after a while of mouse "inactivity" I use my machine to render out 3d video files etc and so it is important I can leave it on over night to render out time consuming 3d renders however when i return to my p.c. the mouse is frozen and likewise the keyboard is dead and i have to reset my machine, i cannot identify the problem nor the exact period of time it takes for the "freeze" to happen.

Can anyone of you guys guide me through a fix for this.

The only things out of the ordinary that have happened prior to this are..

Just recently moved address and now access the internet via a usb plugin wireless reciever namely a TP-LINK 54M Wireless USB Adapter model no. TL-WN321G this installed and worked OK straight from the off AND also a friend gave me a micro 4gb Micro SD card, he had placed a video file on this for me and i read it with a micro SD card reader via usb (perhaps this card had a virus on????) as my computer had trouble reading the card but no trouble reading my own.???

Thanks for your time and reading. I await your commands lolz.

David.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

It may be possible to use the Event Viewer to maybe pinpoint what is cause this...Detailed instructions can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users