Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system restore problem of sorts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bastian22

bastian22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

Using my laptop, stumbled upon a bad site, I guess. Mcafee said it caught a trojan horse, however, a few seconds later, my screen went blue and I got:

DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

So, I restarted, and immediately went to system restore, but, guess what? all restore points completely gone. This is strange since system restore is not disabled and I have max space allocated. I had a lot of restore points before this episode.

Now, when I try to create a restore point, I get:

"System restore is not able to create a restore point"

Uh, oh. I'm getting a little nervous.

(Also notice that google links are redirecting) I guess this must be adware perhaps. I'm trying spybot. Not experienced with hijack and afraid I'll screw something up. Seems so malicious if it somehow disabled system restore. ANy ideas?

Edited by bastian22, 30 August 2009 - 12:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrMikie

MrMikie

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

I used System Restore for a while but gave up on it. Sometimes sysrestore worked sometimes it didn't. Now, I am using Acronis True Image Home 2009 for my back-ups and restoring. And, for me, I'm glad I have it! :flowers: :thumbsup: There's be a few times just recently that I was able to restore my computer (in full) to a date earlier before the problem(s) began. Of course, I had update some things like AV and AS, among other things to get up-to-date. Without Acronis I most likely would have had to do a "clean install" and start all over again! For me that is a minimum 3-4 days! :trumpet:

Anyway, did you try Googling "DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and see if any of the responses related to your situation? I used to have something similar to this before but it's been a long time now.

Just a thought. Good luck and have fun! :inlove:

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

Many viruses will wipe out your restore points and disable system restore. Your best bet is to post over in the Am I Infected section of this forum (link below) to get help in getting your system clean and then work on getting system reenabled. SuperAntiSpyware has a feature to restore functionallity to system restore when it has been disabled by malware/viruses. I have never used it so cannot be sure that it will fix the problem, but it is worth a shot. Also, sometimes just getting rid of the malware/virus will return system restore to being functional.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Btw, while Spybot still has some good useful features, Spybot is not the recommended program for dealing with spyware/malware/viruses any more. There are many better program which are also free that can take care of the problem better

Edited by Stang777, 30 August 2009 - 01:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users