Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.bmp to JPG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sherrylynne

sherrylynne

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

How do I change a .bmp file to a JPG? I've scanned some old photos, they save as bmp's, but take forever to upload. Someone told me to change them to JPG(?), and they'd upload a lot faster, both to an offsite location, as well as sent as email. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kristjan b

kristjan b

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

I just did a quick google search and found this : jpg converter .

I've never used this program before but It's on Cnet, so it should be virus free.

I hope this helps,

kris

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:02 AM

If you're using Windows (or, indeed, any operating system made in the last 15 years or so) then you needn't download another program to do simple conversions.

Simply open the BMP file in Microsoft Paint (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint) and then click the File-Save As menu and change the Save As Type option to JPEG.

Posted Image

#4 sherrylynne

sherrylynne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

Thanks, both of you! Sorry I didn't get back to this til now. For some reason, even though I enables emails, I didn't receive notification of the replies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users