Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with mp3 player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davislove

davislove

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

Hi and thanks to whomever is willing to help me out.

I would love to be able to play songs on my player in the order I choose. One would think that that would be an easy and obvious option. My current player has a playlist button I can push to place songs in a playlist for me. I can live with that but it takes a while to scroll through all the songs to find the ones I want then I have to manually remove them. The problem is the player is on its last leg. The buttons barely work. Can't find that model anymore. I have been buying new players and returning them all week. My problems are as follows:

I can't make a playlist on these new players I don't want to listen to songs in alphabetical order or by artist names. I try to use windows media player and others to sync but that finds every song, picture and video on the computer and puts it on my player and fills it up. I just want to load what I want in the order I want.

I know i'm rambling. Bottom line. I have to be overlooking something easy.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

Might be helpful if you mentioned make and model of player. Lots to guess from, which I don't think you want us to do.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 davislove

davislove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the reply

Currently I have a phillips gogear sa3245/37. I can manage that one to some degree. As I said earlier it's getting old and the buttons are sticking. I have no Idea what brand I will buy next. Is there not some general way of loading music to your liking? I'm open to some suggestion of user friendly players under 100 dollars.

I have created some folders for songs renaming the titles by placing numbers in front but it seems like there should be a better way. What do you use? can you load and organize songs as you please?

Thanks again.

#4 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

I don't have the gogear, but I did a quick search on Google and found that several people have had similar complaints. There is a response from Philips <HERE>, with a link to the user's manual, but it boils down to:

Please be informed that this unit is unable to support playlist created on the computer. The playlist must be created on the device.

I mostly use Creative brand MP3 players, and the ones I've used have no trouble importing playlists from the computer. My current two players are the Zen V Plus (comparable to your player, but physically smaller) and the hard-disk based Zen Vision:M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users