Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Poor quality images in Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Francesca

Francesca

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:13 AM

Hi there

I have been using our other home computer and noticed that all pictures on web pages in IE are really bad quality. At first I thought it was the graphics card but I installed Firefox and the images look great in that. The machine is running XP pro and is fully updated. Is it possible something didn't install properly? I if I need to remove and re-install IE how do I do that?

Thanks!

Francesca

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:00 AM

If you need to reinstall or repair IE see How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP.

The first thing to try is to go to Start>Run and type in sfc /scannow. This will have XP examine its own files for corruption or missing ones. You may need your XP CD during this process. If you do this be sure to go to Windows update after its done as some files may revert back to their original version.

Edited by Leurgy, 21 July 2005 - 08:04 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

Just another very good reason to abandon IE and make Firefox your default browser. That way, even if you can get IE fixed or not, you have a better browser, and you can keep IE for Windows updates.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users