Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Not booting up at all.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crownson

Crownson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

Hey people. Im Having major computer problems. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with Vista. After recently installing a windows update, I have had no success in starting the computer back up. While the updates were downloading it stopped mid way and shut down (2 of 3). When I tried to turn it back on I get to the Windows Error Recovery Page, I have 2 choices to choose from, Launch Startup Repair (recommended) and Start up windows normally. Both do not work, when I try to Launch Startup Repair it goes back to the Windows Error Recovery page. When I start up normally I get to the Microsoft Corporation loading screen and it doesn't do anything, the loading bar just keeps going. I've tried the safe mode and all it did was make the count down at the bottom of the Error Screen disappear.I have tried F buttons plus some combination buttons. I have resorted to using my suck laptop to find the solution to my problem. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

WOW. Seems like MS has pull`d a big boo-boo.

Your similar\same problem is starting to pop up all over the Net.
It does seem to be Windows update related. So far from my reading, no known fix other then removing the updates. The catch is the affected machines are not able to a usable point where updates can be uninstalled.

Maybe someone will\has found a work around other then using restore disks or fresh install.

Hang in there with your suck laptop for a while and see what happens.

#3 ShIzNiT1707

ShIzNiT1707

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hey people. Im Having major computer problems. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with Vista. After recently installing a windows update, I have had no success in starting the computer back up. While the updates were downloading it stopped mid way and shut down (2 of 3). When I tried to turn it back on I get to the Windows Error Recovery Page, I have 2 choices to choose from, Launch Startup Repair (recommended) and Start up windows normally. Both do not work, when I try to Launch Startup Repair it goes back to the Windows Error Recovery page. When I start up normally I get to the Microsoft Corporation loading screen and it doesn't do anything, the loading bar just keeps going. I've tried the safe mode and all it did was make the count down at the bottom of the Error Screen disappear.I have tried F buttons plus some combination buttons. I have resorted to using my suck laptop to find the solution to my problem. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! :huh:

This problem is EVERYWHERE. Fix is here:

http://www.techerator.com/2009/08/fix-wind...indows-updates/

#4 Crownson

Crownson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

Thank u shiznit for your generous link, but as my hopes were as high as the moon.. I was smacked in the face by modern day technology. 1st method was safe mode which seemed like it would have worked but the loading stopped at
\Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys
2nd method was useless because as soon as I picked Repair System it went straight back to Windoes Error Recovery.. But I will try and restrain from throwing my computer out the window and beating every bleep over at Microsoft and wait til someone finds any good solution...

#5 Crownson

Crownson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:17 AM

I did manage to get my computer back up but now a new problem has arisen(as usual). I now have switched drives some how. I go to the computer page and I see that Im almost out of space.. But i look closer and see that it has switched to the Local Drive instead of the OS. Does anyone know how to switch drives some how... by the way I reinstalled windows using the Vista disk..

Edited by Crownson, 01 September 2009 - 03:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users