Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp appears to start fine but.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rj3031

rj3031

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

so it appears that xp is starting up.. The wallpaper comes up and thats about it. I have no programs , icons start menu, etc. if i leave it alone it tries to restart and gets stuck on "windows is starting up" screen. I had problems last week with malware and or trojans.. i was finally able to load a anti virus program but the computer was still having a lot of issues. Where do i start??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:46 AM

Hi There rj3031!

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer forums!

If you think that your confuser is infected with some type of Malware, spyware, etc. Then you need to post here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Which is thePosted Image "Am I infected? What do I do?" forum.

Before posting please read all 7 of the stickies posted at the top of the Title page of the forum. This information will help you get the proper help you need to clean out your system.

Our experts are volunteers and are handling many issues from many people who need help so please be patient while waiting for help. Someone will definately get to you!

After you have read all the stickies there then post in that forum with your problem.

Help will be on its way!

ranger72 :thumbsup:
So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users