Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinRAR found corrupt file !

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

I have WinRAR just googled the world and his wife for an answer to find out how to sort this out but to no avail anyway here it is C:\hp\bin\Python\Lib\test\testtar.tar corrupt is there anyone that can help in plain english as i am note a programmer just a geek with a question !

Thanks to anyone that can help ! :huh:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:47 AM

Were you attempting to open a rar\zip file when you got this message?

Perhaps HP printer software?

A little more info would be appreciated.

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

No i just ran a test within WinRAR and a window popped up with that in it ! I've just recently done a full clean out with the help of extremeboy and everything is running fine so whatever it is its not affecting performance the only thing that seems to be weird is sometimes my browser slows a bit but i think thats norm as it only does it after been online for quite sometime !

Edited by doinmeedin, 29 August 2009 - 10:46 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

I would not be concerned right now. If everything is working on your PC then it is probably an un-need`d file.

#5 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

Thankyou i wll just keep an eye on things and if out goes wrong i know where to look first !

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

That sounds like a plan.

I am assuming this is an HP PC and or has an HP peripheral, printer(?) attached. Probably a legit file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users