Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New problems after installing Vista Service Pack 2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beckylynn420

beckylynn420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

I just wanted to let people know about an issue that microsoft has noticed as of today in regards to the update for SP2. This may help you. Not sure though. My mom just brought me her computer because she was having an issue when she would close the lid and open it, the computer would not display anything and we would have to do a hard shutdown. While attempting to diagnose this issue an error message came up about a stop message in regards to installing Vista service pack 2. Upon further research on microsoft.com in regards to this stop error, it lists issues with the install on certain systems (fit hers because it is not compatible some reason with Intel processor). So directions state to uninstall the update from the update list. After I did this the system asked me to restart it and then I got the blue dump screen. HOWEVER, we noticed after uninstalling it and rebooting the system, that not only did this fix her screen issue with the lid closing/opening option, she also gets the sound back it makes when she closes the screen. These issues did not start until after she installed service pack 2 and were resolved when we uninstalled it. Pretty scary at first because after the restart prompt we got the nice blue dump screen. But after rebooting the system it came up with configuring updates and finished the uninstall and her issues were fixed!! Yea go me!!!

Just wanted to make people aware of the issue from microsoft. They have pulled the update as well. Please feel free to read more here:
MICROSOFT WEBSITE INFORMATION

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

:huh: Thank you very much for the heads-up. This may help with a lot of trouble shooting on Vista SP2 loaded lap tops having power management problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users