Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Core Temperature

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 siouxdax

siouxdax

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hello:
I noticed that when I was running Second Life on my laptop, the fan kicked in to a high mode. I have a little core temperature app that lists my duo core as being between 125-140 Fahrenheit. Is this a normal temperature? I have an Intel Core Duo T2050, if that helps any. I ask this because I don't think I've ever heard the fan run this high before, but I could be wrong. I do use a sort of stand to allow a lot of airflow around the entire laptop. Also I think I should mention that I've run other graphic intensive apps, such as The Sims, with no problems at all. It may not be the most high-end laptop, but it has handled just about everything I've thrown at it. Any help/suggestions/advice is very much appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

That works out to around 60 C. After doing some reading, the max operating temp is 85 C.

Would seem you are fine.

#3 siouxdax

siouxdax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

A close friend has a 550W power supply that he will install for me sometime next week. I'll post back here to let you know how things went. Thanks again! You guys rock!

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Had to look up your previous posts to refresh my memory. :thumbsup:

Let us know if the different PS helps out.

#5 siouxdax

siouxdax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

A close friend has a 550W power supply that he will install for me sometime next week. I'll post back here to let you know how things went. Thanks again! You guys rock!

Update on this issue: my friend brought along a new 550 power supply. Unfortunately, it will not fit into my case. My desktop machine is in an odd case, somewhere between a small, compact and a full-size tower. But, he thinks that there may be another one that might fit. If not, then we'll be shopping for a new PS.

Feel free to post any recommendations.

And, as usual, thank you all so much!

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users