Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Antivirus Pro infection plus ...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CroSoft

CroSoft

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

Just about everything that I try to run generates "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Snooping on the web has identified Visual C++ redistributable libraries as the culprit. I think that the virus is the cause. The infected notebook has yet another problem. The backlight on the screen goes out after being on for about 30 seconds. Nothing runs without generating the error in normal mode with an external monitor and I can't get video in any safe mode.

I'm glad that this problem child is not mine. This guy even bought the Windows Antivirus Pro when solicited online! Any thoughts?

I thought that I would have real problem to solve for my first post. How'd I do?

Thanks!

Scott

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi,

I'm going to redirect you to the HijackThissection of this forum. This, because it's a deeper infection.
Read this page and follow it's steps: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Please give them a link to this topic.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users