Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Newer (upgraded) pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 willythecat

willythecat

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Ok, having no joy from a previous site who seem quite intent on asking me what my hard drive was,
l'm going to come blasting in with my specs which are

Motherboard Name:- MSI KT3V (MS-6712) (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM, Audio)
CPU Type :- AMD Athlon XP, 1250 MHz (12.5 x 100)
Video Adapter :- NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (32 MB)

Due to a total wipeout, my Insurance says that l can purchase whatever l want, within reason, so what are your suggestions on the above?
Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Ok, having no joy from a previous site who seem quite intent on asking me what my hard drive was,
l'm going to come blasting in with my specs which are

Motherboard Name:- MSI KT3V (MS-6712) (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM, Audio)
CPU Type :- AMD Athlon XP, 1250 MHz (12.5 x 100)
Video Adapter :- NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (32 MB)

Due to a total wipeout, my Insurance says that l can purchase whatever l want, within reason, so what are your suggestions on the above?
Regards

Do I understand this correct in saying that you can buy whatever computer parts you want within reason? Say about... $1.5k to $2k :thumbsup: :huh: :huh: B)

Cause if you can, the specs you have atm will be going in the bin hehe.
|~|i7 920-D0@3.9Ghz|~|Noctua NH-U12P|~|P6T Deluxe V2|~|OcZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz|~|PNY GTX 275 898MB|~|Enermax Rev85+ 850 Watt|~|Xonar Dx 7.1|~|Lian Li P80|~|Samsung T220|~|G9|~|G11|~|Intel SSD X25M:G2-80GB|~|Windows 7 Home Premium 64|~|SteelSeries Siberia White|~|

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

I love it when insurance companies are ambiguous, it makes it much more fun. You need to figure out how they define "within reason" before purchasing since PC's can get expensive at the higher-end. What exactly are you going to be using this PC for?

3939.png

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

I tend to think that insurance companies think "replacement cost/value" in a very strict sense of "book value"....but I've been wrong before.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users