Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings from soggy England

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pete_m

pete_m

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

Let me introduce myself, my real name is Peter and I live in England. My main reason for joining this forum is that I am fed up with my wife getting trojans on her laptop by going to dodgy sites and I have to clean it up. The thing is, I've used combofix.exe in the past and it worked like a dream. The last time, it coplained like hell and insisted it wasn't affiliated with combofix.org and stuff like that and would only run in 'reduced functionality mode'. I was told that I needed to go to this site to find the required chalice or something....
Now I've got that off my chest, I have to say this is the most awkward login process I've ever had to endure. Firefox inisisted on remembering my 'friendly' name instead of the login name and GOD all those numbers and letters to type in!!!!
BTW this is the first forum I have ever joined so please cut me a little slack!
Anyway, my first computer was a 486DX2/66 with MS-DOS 6.22, then windows 3.11 and I've loved every minute of it.
I'm going off now to browse your forums for a low-cost protector against trojans, if one exists!
Cheers, Peter.

Edited by pete_m, 28 August 2009 - 03:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hello Peter,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

Most forums have had to initiate a more complicated process to fend of Spam attacks, else the boards would be flooded.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users