Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista BSOD on entering sleep mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jonnyman99

Jonnyman99

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hi all, I've looked around the net and seen people with similar problems but none the same and no solutions have worked so far. Every time I click on sleep mode the computer shuts down to a BSOD

I hooked up my brothers laptop to my computer and things were going fine, then his (brand new) laptop had a BSOD and when I went over to my computer it had one also. So I'm not certain of the cause but perhaps something related to that.

Here are the system specs
Intel e8400
4gb ram
Asus P5Q Pro
Vista Ultimate SP1
EVGA GTX260

I've updated my bios to the latest and have installed the latest chipset/usb/lan drivers from the Asus website.
Nothing is overclocked and bios is default settings

I've attached my minidump as I am unable to figure out the problem. Please let me know what else you need. Thanks guys!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

From what I can see in your minidump file, everything is pointing to memory and misread memory.

My suggestion would be to run Memtest86+ against your installed ram and see if any problems are reported.

If this does not show any problems, then I'm sure that someone else in the forum will have another possible area to look after analyzing your crash dump.

Hope this helps,

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 Jonnyman99

Jonnyman99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for the tip, I ram memtest for a while and it gave me the all clear, no errors reported. It's strange because this error ONLY happens with going IN to sleep mode. Otherwise the system is 100% stable.

#4 Jonnyman99

Jonnyman99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

Anyone? This is really annoying because 80% of the time when I reboot vista it doesn't recognize my usb keyboard and I have to keep unplugging it and plugging it back in until it finally works so using sleep mode is very preferable to shutting down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users