Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista not starting up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe2325

Joe2325

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

Ok I have an HP dv6500 laptop. Windows Vista Home Premium edition.

My g/f went to DL a windows service pack. I don't know why or what it was but that's what she said. Now when I turn it on it'll start up and say windows has failed to start. Then I can launch startup repair or start windows normally. When I start it normally it begins to load then just stops and nothing happens. If I go to the repair option it will go to the repair screen and it'll just say attempting repairs and it'll just scroll. I left it on that screen for a day and it did not repair or do anything. It just gets stuck on that screen it appears. What would be some tips to maintenance or a way to fire windows up simply and see what the problem is. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

If you can boot to safe mode, uninstall the Service Pack
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Joe2325

Joe2325
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

Still won't boot up. If I put it in safe mode it'll start up then go to the windows failed to startup screen then I have the same two options. Run repair or start windows normally. Neither one works.

#4 Joe2325

Joe2325
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

Ok so I have tried everything and my laptop still won't boot up. When it starts up normally it'll scroll through the files and stop on 8106 and reads:

!! 0xc0000034 !! 8106/86824 (x86_microsoft-windows-ntvdm-system32_31bf...)

I don't really know what else to do. If there is anyone who has some troubleshooting tips that would be great. Thanks.

Edited by Joe2325, 29 August 2009 - 08:59 AM.

#5 Joe2325

Joe2325
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

Anyone?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

!! 0xc0000034 !! 8106/86824 (x86_microsoft-windows-ntvdm-system32_31bf...)

Have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196453
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users