Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can any one print to the GPSU01 from the web?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saurio

Saurio

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:20 PM

Hello Gurus,
I am going mad :thumbsup: with this issue.
I have an IOgear GPSU01 1-port print server. It works great in my home network. But I can't print to it from the web. The manual and the one article on the IOgear support website do not provide any information and there is no way to contact a support tech for a quick call. This is my issue, I have a Belkin 802.11g Wireless DSL/Cable Gateway Router (F5D7230-4), I have put the printserver in the DMZ and lately even forwarded port 631 to go to internal IP address of the print server. I can see the web page of my print server served from within my network if I call it from the web. Meaning, if I type my current router's public IP address from my office, I can see the print server's page. But when I try to add the printer as a network printer and put the IP address, the system tells me that it cannot find the printer. What do you guys think?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Saur

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:44 PM

You seem to be working through it in a logical manner and have configured it correctly judging from your ability to see the print server's page remotely. But this made me double-take...

But when I try to add the printer as a network printer and put the IP address, the system tells me that it cannot find the printer.

You should be trying to add the printer as a local printer I think. Then for port type choose TCP/IP and so on. Is that what you meant to say or have you tried that (as opposed to adding it as a 'network printer')? I hope it's as simple as that.

Also, the case may be that (since you're trying it from your office) there are port restrictions and settings in place at that end and you may want to consult your local IT guru (if you have one) for permission or further configuration advice.

#3 Saurio

Saurio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Pchartwell, it works. I added it as local and then selected TCP/IP. The documentation that came with the printserver said nothing regarding this, but the online documentation said I had to select Network Printer. Anyway, I really appreciate your help.
Thanks,

Saur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users