Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer infected. Google redirects me to random internet pages. Cannot open antispyware software.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mdc00sh

mdc00sh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:39 AM

Hi,

I think I've picked up an infection on my computer. I am using Windows XP and FireFox browser. When I click on google search results I am redirected to a different page. However, if I copy and past the web address into the browser it takes me to the correct website.

I tried to run Spybot S&D, but it would not open. I reinstalled it, but still no luck. I have also tried to run Malwarebytes' Anti Malware and SuperAntispyware. I can install them, but they will not run.

I have tried loading Windows in safe mode to access the antispyware programs, but my computer keeps freezing and crashing before it gets to the desktop screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mdc00sh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mdc00sh

mdc00sh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:41 AM

Can anyone recommend any antispyware programs that allow you to scan online? I cant run anything that is downloaded and installed on my computer.

Thanks,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users