Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mailfrontier Gone Crazy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kcmurphy88

kcmurphy88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

I've been using Mailfrontier Desktop (anti-spam) for a couple of years now and all of a sudden this wonderful program has gone crazy. It is stuck in an endless upgrade-attempt loop and nothing I try (including uninstalling and scrubbing the registry of references) seems to work. I see that the Wise Installer has quite a "repair" list in the registry, and I imagine that this is the problem, but I am unable to stop this behavior.

It is particularly annoying as it steals focus about every 15 seconds. Is anyone else using Mailfrontier (4.8.1) and if so do you see this too? Negatives would be helpful as well. I'd really hate to ahve to find another program, this one works SO MUCH BETTER than anything I've tried.

Oh, yeah, I'm new here, but hardly new to computers (PDP-8I, 1971)

Edited by kcmurphy88, 28 August 2009 - 12:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CCVC

CCVC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Mailfrontier was doing the same thing to me. I disabled it (right-click the tray icon), then opened the Mailfrontier Desktop and unclicked the "Enable auto reporting of email judged as Phishing to MailFrontier," "Contribute Junk Email," "Contribute Phishing Email," and "Enable MailFrontier system tray notifications." Then re-enabled MailFrontier.
Good luck. Hope this helps.

CCVC

#3 kcmurphy88

kcmurphy88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

I actually solved this by downloading and installing the updated version, now called "SonicWall Anti-spam Desktop" and available through download.com. My old key worked, so there was no cost to the upgrade. Pretty much the same program, with some minor pluses and minuses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users