Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possibly infected file?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 user_2984

user_2984

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:16 AM

So... I downloaded and installed the program VTF Edit from the link below.
http://www.moddb.com/groups/source-develop...ads/vtfedit-125

I submitted it to virustotal.com to scan, but also started using it right away.
The results: Sunbelt detects All In One Keylogger (v)
Virus Total results page

Is the file actually infected, and if so how do I detect and remove the keylogger?

Thanks, K

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 user_2984

user_2984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:15 AM

Replying to myself :thumbsup:

I rescanned the file and it came up clean. It seems like the site detected that it had already scanned the same file some time ago with much older versions and showed me those results originally. That, negative scans with my installed monitoring software, and the fact that none of the files listed in the manual removal instructions I found are on my pc make me feel pretty confident I wasn't infected.

Still, I wish I had ran the scan before using the software so I wouldn't have any lingering doubt, but I suppose that's a lesson for next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users