Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buffer Overrun detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ggh1969

ggh1969

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

OK first post. I am getting Buffer Overrun detected on startup of my desktop running XP. I had just installed Superantispyware on that system and suppose it is the culprit after a few searches on Google. Now I know I need to rename the SASWINLO.dll to something like SASWINLO.dll.old in recovery console which I have up right now on my desktop. However apparently I am writing the command wrong or something because I keep getting parameter is not valid. Could someone show me exactly how it should be written. C:\WINDOWS> thats what is showing right now in recovery console. My question is what do I type after that exactly to either rename or delete that file. Ive tried 1000 different combinations and nothing has worked yet. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

Why don't you simply uninstall SAS and download it again?
How much memory do you have and have you adjusted your virtual memory?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417

Edited by garmanma, 28 August 2009 - 12:14 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users