Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the best Ipod??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Boise

Boise

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hey!!! :flowers: See... I'm unsure of which Ipod I should Get, so.... which is the best Ipod... The Shuffle, Nano, Original Ipod, or Ipod Touch?
Anyone out there that can give me any answers,please reply!!! :trumpet:
Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Boise, 27 August 2009 - 09:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brandonnicholson

brandonnicholson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:20 AM

Depends what your using it for. I have an ipod touch and an ipod classic. I had a 2nd gen nano.I like the touch for when im at school or something but for skateboarding/snowboarding the nano was the best. A touch is also good if your computer turns into a paper weight on you like mine did a few weeks ago :thumbsup:

#3 Boise

Boise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

I don't need it for any sort of sports, just like music to listen to during long road trips and stuff, and I want something with a decent amount of memory, space to listen to music, fun games, and enough room to watch like music videos, tv episodes, etc.... :thumbsup:

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

Edited by tg1911, 15 November 2009 - 05:48 PM.

#4 Boise

Boise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

Also, I've heard that Nanos go corrupt and quit working after about 2 years :thumbsup:
So I'm gonna stay away from those.

Edited by Boise, 30 August 2009 - 10:29 AM.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

Have you considered the iphone.. if you also use a phone?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Boise

Boise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, but I dont use a cell phone so the iphone is automatically off of the list of choices

#7 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

Have you thought about other mp3 players besides Ipod? As much as I HATE any microsoft product, I grudgingly have to admit that a Zune surpasses, so far, the Ipods when it comes to kids and their mp3's. My son and a few of his friends have them and they are really happy campers compared to the Ipod users. Their Ipods seem to explode after two years. It's just a thought...oh and his one friend still has the first Zune...ahhh it's amazing that it still works like new....considering what that Zune has gone through...

#8 Boise

Boise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

Well, I already have an MP3 Player its an RCA and it SUCKS, Plus I've flown through several MP3's and they've all failed on me :thumbsup: , so I'm trying to get an Ipod to see if it's any better.

#9 apcsstudent

apcsstudent

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

I still have a 3rd gen iPod( around 2004) that still works so I don't know what to tell you about the reliablity of the newer ones but I just got a Touch because my school has reccently worked some deals with Apple and we can get most of our text books on the iTouch. I also like the larger screen for watching videos. If you are after somthing with alot of memory then the touch is a bad idea, an 8 gb is like $200. On the other side the iTouch is extremly usefull (especialy when you computer is having isues that no one has ever heard of) and entertaining. it all depends on you needs and wallet.

#10 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

How about a Sony Walkman Mp3???
I heard that those were pretty reliable, and an eight gb is only $20 more than a 1 gb i Pod.

#11 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

If your going for games and entertainment beyond music and music videos, a 32 GB iPod Touch may be your solution. It's currently priced at $299, and can be very useful when your computer dies for some odd reason. Otherwise, I would either get a 8GB Zune or a iPod Nano, I heard the camera on the nano was pretty terrible though. It's completely up to you, and of course, your budget.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#12 ChrisMN

ChrisMN

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Also, I've heard that Nanos go corrupt and quit working after about 2 years :thumbsup:
So I'm gonna stay away from those.

Thats true, my Nano bit the dust. And my Ipod touch has been through the washer and still works great.. Amazing huh?!

Chrismn

#13 Boise

Boise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

hmmm.....Let's see...... I looked up some info on the ipod, and according to many sites, and my friend's i tunes, Ipods are over priced, and have expensive songs.
The sony walkman that was reccommended; an 8 gb costs about 20$ more thana 1 gb shuffle. Plus, you can choose different places to get ur songs besides just I tunes, and my friend's computer has gotten much slower after havingn i tunes on his computer.

#14 ChrisMN

ChrisMN

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, apple products are known for messing up PC's when adding Ipod/Apple® software.

I only use Zune on my PC, and hook my Ipod up to the music generator at the mall for songs for 49 cents each.

#15 binini

binini

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

ipod touch apps are soooo usefull i havnt had any problem with any apple product either also if your in uk use SKY music its the cheapest and i thinks has the best quality music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users