Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Card locks up computer??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter007

Peter007

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

So I think I may have found out why my computer is locking up randomy on me. Someone told me that it is most likely my wireless card. They said if too much information gets sent to it at once then the wireless card will lock the whole computer up thus making it impossible to click or do anything. I have to restart the computer by pushing the button in on the side. So anyway please give me your advice if you think this is the problem to locking up my computer and also please explain to me how wireless cards have the ability to lock up computers. Thanks

Edited by Peter007, 27 August 2009 - 07:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

That is a new one on me.

Wireless G cards and G WAPs\wireless routers can only send\receive at a rate of 54Mbps.

I would suggest you have other issues. Perhaps a bad or corrupted driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users