Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

theawttoolkitwindow crash on Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tokek

Tokek

Bleepin' Gecko

• Members
  • 1,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

For the past couple of days, our main server (DC, file/print server) randomly crashes on log out of administrator login with the error that says "theawttoolkitwindow has stopped responding" and when I hit "end task" it would lose all icons and taskbar and would only show the desktop background. However, when this happens, the server still runs like normal to users, just can't get console access. The only way to get console access back is to do a hard reset with the power button.

Upon some investigation, theawttoolkitwindow seems to be tied to Java however, Java was never installed on this server.

Anyone ran into this before and know of a fix?
If I have not replied back to your post in 3 days, please send me a PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users