Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad virus left lasting effects

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AFMike

AFMike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hi and thanks in advance for your service.

Irecently had and, I thought, removed the Advanced Virus Remover virus. :thumbsup: I still have some lingering issues, however. When I go to Start/ Shutdown.../ Shutdown, there is another option that says shut down and install updates. I don't ever recall this being an option before I was infected. My guess is that it is still in the resident memory and is trying to reinstall itself. Also, my antivirus (Avast) will not start when the system boots up. I cannot install Windows Updates. I can post RootRepeal or HijackThis log. Please advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users