Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advanced Virus Remover / AntiSpy Protector 2009(??)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kskreider

kskreider

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

I cannot run DDS.scr (DDS.pif hangs), RSIT, RootRepeal, HJT, GMER, Malwarebytes, Spybot, Avast Pro, or SuperAntiSpyware. Not in normal mode, not in safe mode. Nothing. If I am able to run any kind of .exe and it installs, once loaded the program will run for about 5 seconds and is killed. I cannot even delete the desktop links for RootRepeal or HJT.

I was able to run ESET and it produced the log below after an overnight scan.

I was originally getting a 60 second ntuser admin shutdown which I successfully killed with stop -a

System Restore has been completely removed (it is not even located in the Windows Help section) and Windows Firewall is turned off automatically with each re-boot into safe mode. (I manually turn it back on each time.)

ESET log:

C:\Program Files\AdvancedVirusRemover\PAVRM.exe Win32/Adware.AdvancedVirusRemover application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\WINDOWS\system32\braviax.exe a variant of Win32/Kryptik.AFJ trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\WINDOWS\system32\critical_warning.html Win32/TrojanDownloader.FakeAlert.ADG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tajf83ikdmf.dll Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.ORV trojan cleaned by deleting (after the next restart) - quarantined

Help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kskreider

kskreider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Please nuke this post. I backed up what I could and re-formatted the PC. The new Bravia variant is pretty nasty.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hello

Thank you for letting us know. Sometimes the best and quickest solution is to reformat and reinstall. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom :thumbup2:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users