Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rogue antivirus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Max Lopes

Max Lopes

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hello there!

i wanted to ask if someone knows why rogue antivirus are so...how do you call that...SO obviously fake?
i mean, a not-aware-of-internet-threat person would be easily faked, but someone that has
decent knowledge about viruses and anti virus would immediately know it is fake.
then why wouldn't the creator's of them make them just a little less obvious? not that i want that,
but its still a little stupid that they show warnings in big letters WARNING blabalabla

Well, ten why it is so obvious, i mean the only thing they do are provoking the user to buy ''the full version that removes all the whateverware that's bad for your pc'' they just don't have any other threar than that, or am i wrong with that?

i would like to hear what you think about it

Max-o-l

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

The answer, of course...computer users tend to vary a great deal in their understanding of malware, the Internet, the importance of backing up a system, and all other computer-related topics.

Just because we all know the alphabet and can punch on a keyboard...that doesn't make us equals in our knowledge, ability to comprehend, or naivete.

If it did, malware probably would not be the problem that it is in 2009.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users