Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do xp sp3 useful to a home PC?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bspkumar

bspkumar

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

I have read in the mircosoft website the following :

"This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network. If you're updating just one computer, please visit Windows Update at http://update.microsoft.com ."

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

My question is if the sp3 is worthful to install on home PC. Bcz, I have installed a vista theme for xp which will not work on sp3.

Thank you for your consideration.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

What you read means that you have 2 options to update your Windows XP installation :

1. User automatic update. This is best for those who don't know much about computers or have only 1 computer or don't want to bother about all details and want it be done automatically. The download would be done automatically and SP3 would be installed.

2. Download full SP3 setup package. This is meant for IT professionals who have to update many computers at their work, or many computers of their clients. It is better for them to download once and install the setup on every computer using the files downloaded once. This can also be used to slipstream SP3 into Windows XP CD.

SP3 contains many updates that patch many vulnerabilities in Windows XP whether you are using computer at home or not. So I advise you to keep your windows up to date and install SP3.

Edited by Romeo29, 27 August 2009 - 09:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users