Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD crash and virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:16 AM

Ok so now not only do i have the crash problem but this virus is messing with my computer sooo many ways. Ive ran so many removal programs and they all say my computer is clean now but it obviouslly is not the case. Now when I try to open any program on the computer it gives me an error message saying program too big to fit into memory. it also brings up several dos like boxes on startup that say C/windows/system32.ntvdm.exe program is too big to fit into memory.
Then I will get an internet security warning that says a website wants to open web content using this program on your computer C/windows/system32/desot.exe.
I know one of the viruses i had was the windows antivirus pro. Could someone please help me with these issues it is driving me crazy and I do not have the money to have someone else fix this. I would greatly appreciate any help in these matters! Thank you in advance, Tona

Edited by Tona, 27 August 2009 - 04:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...s-antivirus-pro

#3 Tona

Tona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:31 AM

Hey cool cat thank u so much for the reply i actually had read this thread and did all of these things already and all of the programs i run say that i have no infections but it is very obvious that it is still there. I read on another site that there are some other files associated with this virus that hide in your computer and i did look and see that some of them were there, the thing is i want to make sure i have correct instructions on how to safely remove them manually. here are a few of them that i see are still on my computer.

c:\WINDOWS\ppp3.dat
c:\WINDOWS\ppp4.dat
c:\WINDOWS\system32\bennuar.old
c:\WINDOWS\system32\desot.exe
c:\WINDOWS\system32\sysnet.dat
`
and im sure some of the registry information also.

what i need to know is how to safely remove these and are these that i listed here in fact bad files?
Also i read in this thread you sent me Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log. Is this something that I should now go ahead and do as my next step because i deleted the actual windows antivirus pro files and malwarebytes and spyware doctor both said they removed it from my computer, and problem still remains and actually seems to be worse than before.

Thank you again for your help!

#4 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

you probably have a rootkit so the best thing to do is post the dds log in the hjt forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users