Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista can access shared network drive only in DOS not Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tpumma

tpumma

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

I'm using Vista that was working for several months until yesterday. I mapped a network drive M: via username and password from Windows Explorer that reconnected automatically after subsequent Vista reboot. I rebooted the shared server yesterday but now not able to fully access that same network drive M:. From Explorer I can see the M: drive icon showing 69GB available from 230GB, but cannot double-click to open drive M: to view the contents due to pop-up error "network name no longer available". The weird thing is that I can fully access M: drive in DOS and navigate through all the directories and files. Another thing is that FTP has full access to server as well to view same files/directories. Anyone have any idea?

I will try later today:

1) unplug/plug router and modem.
2) use dos net use m: with /persistent option
3) bring my XP laptop and try to access network share

* the server is using Samba for Linux with two NICs - one for local LAN and second NIC for WAN (FTP).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tpumma

tpumma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

problem was that the server reached 100% capacity. I need delete some data :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users