Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display settings offering me the choice of 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whiz

whiz

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:24 PM

HI All

Ive recently installed a GE Force FX5200 graphics card. Now each time I select control panel/display/settings I am offered the choice of 2 monitors. I am only using 1. How can I tell the system I am only using 1 monitor and get rid of the 2nd monitor in my settings?
Thanks in advance

Edited by whiz, 20 July 2005 - 12:31 PM.

Ignorance is the enemy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

HI All

Ive recently installed a GE Force FX5200 graphics card. Now each time I select control panel/display/settings I am offered the choice of 2 monitors. I am only using 1. How can I tell the system I am only using 1 monitor and get rid of the 2nd monitor in my settings?
Thanks in advance

I may be wrong and not understanding the question.
It seems to me that your video card offers the option for 2 different user settings.
This means that you can have 2 different users and have different display settings for each user, user 1 & user 2.

#3 whiz

whiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:06 AM

Hi River_Rat

NO, the system isnt offering me the choice of 2 users. In the control panel/display/settings tab the tab is actually showing 2 monitors and asking me to pick a default monitor. I believe this is a facility for people who use 2 monitors on their set up. For example having 1 monitor dispalying your desktop and when you click a shortcut icon the program actually opens on your second monitor. My system is operating fine, but I dont like having the option for the second monitor there as it could lead to confusion if the wrong monitor is selected as the default.
Ignorance is the enemy

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 06:30 PM

Sorry to be so long to get back to you.

I understand what you are talking about now and there isn't any way to disable the 2nd monitor option but it shouldn't do anything should someone switch it.
Without having a 2nd monitor hooked up it shouldn't recognize the change.
I will do some more research and let you know it there is something to worry about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users