Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes IP Protection Constantly Popping up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 druseljic

druseljic

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

I recently had a problem with a constant popping sound and started a thread here for help:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...ml#entry1400691

It helped me identify the source of the sound. It was suggested I post here to see if an infection is at the root of my problem.

To sum up, I was hearing an almost constant bubble popping sound which ended up in fact being the Windows XP Balloon Tip Sound.
After some trial and error with the advice given I found my registry had been changed to not show the balloons. Once I changed it back I began receiving the following balloon - "IP Protection Infection Detected" from Malwarebytes. Many IP's have shown up from various spots on the globe and it was suggested perhaps this forum could help me find if an infection on my PC is "calling out" to these IP's known to be associated with malware, etc.

The people on the other forum were awesome and helped me get this far. If anyone can help from here it would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

I reccomend you visit the Malwarebytes Forum and create an account there so they can help with you issue more easily.

Edited by master131, 27 August 2009 - 01:34 AM.

#3 druseljic

druseljic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

I visited the Malwarebytes site and found out this is the first implementation of this feature and they are still working out the bugs. Thanks for all the help I have received here. It is much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users