Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop wont load, had Antivirus Pro and Antispyware 2010, No Malware or Antivirus programs will run

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andrew66

andrew66

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

First off I suddenly got the Antivirus Pro. Went to your forums and tried the removal guide, went to taskbar and tried to end process on antiviruspro.exe and svchast.exe. Then I downloaded Malwarebytes and tried to scan, about 10 seconds into the scan the program shutdown. I also tried to run SDfix and as soon as it started scanning it shut down. I rebooted and started in safe mode with networking, when I did this Windows Antivirus 2010 also appeared on my desktop along with antivirus pro. Next I downloaded the trial of avast and did the scan on startup since I couldn't get any programs to run. During the scan it said it deleted Antispyware 2010 along with about 5 other trojans that I forget what they are and failed to write down. After the scan I rebooted in safemode with networking once again and now my desktop will not load. The only way I can try to open a program is through the taskbar using ctrl alt del. Tried running explorer.exe, tried Old Timer program, tried fix.reg w/notepad and still nothing happens. I don't know what else to try to get my desktop back. Im not even sure if I got rid of either of the viruses, they don't show up in processes in the taskbar but I cant get anything to work. Every program except internet explorer shuts down or wont open altogether. I hope I have explained all of this well enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

The HJT team is very busy and it will take awhile to get to your post
Please be patient and good luck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 andrew66

andrew66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

The problem with that is that when I open the program it shuts down after two seconds and I cant do the DDS log.???

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:23 PM

Try this scan as an alternative to DDS.

We need to create an OTL Report
  • Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 andrew66

andrew66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

It almost worked. It actually scanned for about 30 seconds this time before it shut down.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check only the Drivers box: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 okjam

okjam

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

I am having the same problem,
Cant run OTL, malwarebytes, any antivir program, nothing at all that requires scanning as it all closes within 5seconds.

RootRepeal log:

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Start Time: 2009/08/28 22:42
Program Version: Version 1.3.5.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
==================================================

Drivers
-------------------
Name: 00000044
Image Path: \Driver\00000044
Address: 0x00000000 Size: 0 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_nvata.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_nvata.sys
Address: 0xAC9D9000 Size: 106496 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_WMILIB.SYS
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
Address: 0xBA610000 Size: 8192 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: rootrepeal.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootrepeal.sys
Address: 0xA9C68000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: win32k.sys:1
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\win32k.sys:1
Address: 0xBA3B8000 Size: 20480 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: win32k.sys:2
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\win32k.sys:2
Address: 0xB90CC000 Size: 61440 File Visible: No Signed: -

==EOF==

And i also have Win32kdiag.txt report aswell if required ?
Thanks

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

okjam, please start a new topic here and post your log.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

To add to Budapest's post, make sure you tell them that it's the only log you can get to run

Edited by garmanma, 28 August 2009 - 07:22 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users