Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new laptop is slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 podgybelle

podgybelle

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Anytime I open Internet Explorer or Firefox, my computer takes a long time for the page load. Anytime I open up anything (webpage, Itunes, Microsoft Office) it does not load quickly. My computer locks up or freezes and when I click anywhere, it says that it is not responding. After about 10 seconds (sometimes longer) it finally loads. This repeats every time I open a new page.

I just tried to defrag & I got the blue screen of death. Iíve gotten the blue screen even while Iím not doing anything with my laptop other than staring at it. I switched my desktop to Vista Basic because it has less CPU usage & I thought that might help, but itís not going any faster.
What can I do about this? Iíd really appreciate any feedback because this is a new laptop! (I know some computer stuff, but Iím definitely not as familiar with these things as you guys, so please be easy with me!) Should I post a hijackthis log in the other forum? Any help Ė thank you! Any other info you need, please let me know!

Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Dell Studio 1737
Rating: 3.8 Windows Experience Index
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
450GB hard drive
64-bit Operating System

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZD_Inty

ZD_Inty

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

first off. your useing outdated vista software... you need to do the updates. click start and type windows updates in the search.
also. if you dont have a anti-virus or a expired on then a good one is avg free version. same protection as paid. google avg free and download. do updates on avg till it says "no updates available" then do FULL scan. if these don't fix problem. please reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users