Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista's Profiles Dissapearing... & Adding Folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OnlienOffline

OnlienOffline

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

Vista Profile Settings disappearing problem.?
I've had this problem before, and was able to fix it, but this time its slightly different.

So I went to restart my pc, and when it came back windows left me a nice little message saying something like "Windows Vista can't load user setting, so you are taken to a temporary profile, everything you save here will be lost after logging off"
Went browsing my computer, and saw under the User folder that all the files on my computer were still alive.

So I went and did what I did last time that happen, I made a new Administrator account. (so I could copy my files onto there and delete them off the old profile)

So I go I double click on my User Profile that's having problems and it brings a pop-up like "You don't have access to this folder"
And it removes that folder and makes 3 new folders:

TEMP
TEMP.Christina-PC
TEMP.Christina-PC.000

And my profile went missing (Christina is the old profile that had the Vista profile problem with in the past [thoughI rember removing it fro my computer], The folder clicked on was TinaYoshi cuz' that was my current account name on my computer)

What is up with all these new folders?

Well after those folders randomly appeared, and they've appeare to have deleted all my files this little red icon on the task bar appears And tells me something like my Safety Setting needs to be fixed...so I double click it and I get to this screen that tell me my User Account Control is disabled.
So I go and enable it, it asks me if I want to restart now or later (I picked later cuz' I had to finish up something) so after I did that I restarted my computer, and it till tells me this account control thing is still Disabled. ><

So I'm thinking "maybe its cuz' I hit Restart Later?" So I go back and I click "Restart Now" and it tells me its not able to! >___<

I'm just feeling so mad I had a lot of files I needed to save (Just my luck that the day I was cleaning my pc getting ready to back-up my files, it messes up)

I'm still hopeful my files are still on my computer because I went to check how much space is on my C drive and its pretty much the same as it was earlier today.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Also I found this weird
On my profile [the one sying it fails to load my settings] says it fails to load....yet it still has 3 items in my recyling bin that I rember deleting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947242

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users