Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not find built in sound card driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MachoNacho951

MachoNacho951

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

Well I recently did a fresh install of windows XP onto my fathers computer and was able to download and install all of the drivers for the computer except for the sound driver. It is built into the mother board which is pretty old. The mother board is a Lucky Star K7V266A. I have searched google for a couple of days now looking for a download for it without any luck. I read that a couple of years ago Lucky Star company closed down or something which removed there website. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little assistance or point me in the right direction for the download.

If you guys need any more information I will be happy to provide it. Thank you ahead of time.

William

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

Have you lookedHERE?

#3 MachoNacho951

MachoNacho951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

I will try that. I am looking for a website that wont charge me just to download something... I have found many driver websites but not any that are free.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

In case you missed it, they do have a FREE OPTION.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

Here. http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

Select your OS. Try the "Hyperion 4 in 1" drivers first. That should have the audio driver built in to it.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users