Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer wont load past motherboard screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kim661

kim661

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

I have a new computer, its maybe 4 months old. I just unplugged it, moved it,plugged it back in and now when you fire it up it wont go past the motherboard screen. And that is the first thing that normally loads. I wont allow you to hit TAB for setup and anything.....I have had it stick in this same place once or twice all i did was hardboot and it worked fine. Now, it's not doing that. It's froze pretty much at startup....????? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PCwarrior

PCwarrior

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

Ill just throw this out there cause nobodies touched you post. I'm no pro, by any stretch but, If while you where moving it (desk top pc) the case flexed just a bit and say dislodged your video card, harddrive power lead, (just to name acouple different items to check ) your system could possibly be rendered in-op. Its fare to say that its unlikely, but, fans and other internals can react to temp changes, angle of operation changes, and faulty assembly just happens( human condition). So if your under warranty now may be a good time to cash in on free annalists of its condition, or otherwise check under the hood( so to speak) to see if a jumper, connector , or board may have been unseated during shipping or during a Hasty build. It doesn't sound to be your bad, at any rate. Just don't bop it on the side, yet, to fix it. best o luck.
(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS, Saphire 5770 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded), All custom&controlled fans. Shhhh lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users