Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What movie have you seen lately?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

I wanted to see what movie you have seen lately. It can either be on the computer, on DVD, VCR, or at the theater. The only thing that I ask, is that you do NOT give away the movie. If you want to convince someone else to see it, you dont want to tell them how it ended. I will go first.

Butterfly Effect(DVD)-It stars Ashton Kutcher(That's 70s Show and Punk'd), and Amy Smart. He is a college-aged person who relives his childhood. When he was younger, he would have seizures, blackout, and not know why. When he started having them, he would keep a journal of events for everyday. When he got older, he started reading them, and it brought him back in a way that no other film has accomplished before.

This is the kind of movie that you need to watch in one setting, because the story unfolds in a way that can be easily missed. The special effects are superb. It is rated R for a reason though. This is not the kind of movie that you would want a child to watch.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 09 September 2004 - 05:13 PM

• Mystic River :thumbsup:..... Loved it!.... Sean Penn, Kavin Bacon.
  • Secret Window ..... It was o.k. Had higher hopes...... Johnny Depp.
  • The Passion of Christ ...... Oh my, very graphic. I had no idea till I seen for myself. Still, soooo very moving.
  • Death Watch.... A British film...... It is 1917, A handfull of survivors are lost in enemy territory. They find sheltor in an abandoned enemy trench. There they wait to be rescued. But as night falls, an unseen stalker terrorizes and preys upon thier fear. Pretty graphic also. Loved it. :flowers:
[/list]
Posted Image

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:47 PM

Sixteen candles...always a classic ..."Automobile!"

Along came polly...so so

#4 Jaspossum

Jaspossum

JasMonkey-That Funky Monkey!

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:58 PM

Passion of the Christ.........very powerful and moving, everyone should see it.

As said above though, very graphic. Not for kids.

Hey Jason, How are you?

Edited by Jaspossum, 09 September 2004 - 09:06 PM.

JASPOSSUM

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:01 PM

Well, I'm not a big movie goer but I do love movies. Here's the latest few:

"Bad(der) Santa" - loved it! hilarious, but definitely not for kids!
"Lord of the Rings (Third epic) - I'm surprised I liked it, but it's a long one.
"Phone Booth" - loved it! A must see! (I can't wait to see "Cellular")
"Passion of the Christ" - not a big fan of this film.

Like I said, most of the ones I will see eventually are ones most have seen a year ago, lol. And since Grinler mentioned "Sixteen Candles", I love all John Hughes movies. I think I hold the record for the most viewed of "Breakfast Club".

Great Thread, Jason!!! Thanks!

~67~

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:17 PM

Loved the whole Lord of the Rings Trilogy! There will be at least one more. The Hobbit (I think its called)
Posted Image

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:34 PM

They are remaking the hobbit? Didnt know that

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:04 PM

The Hobbit.....Here you go, Grinler. A prequel to the trilogy.

Edited by scarlett, 09 September 2004 - 11:05 PM.

Posted Image

#9 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:52 AM

:thumbsup: Hi! I pay out the nose for premium cable services, so I don't get out much :trumpet: . Anyway...recently I saw "The Outsider" with Naomi Watts and Tim Daly. I was so moved by this film. I highly recommend it. I never do pay-per-view, but they issued me a coupon for a free one--so, I chose "Big Fish", directed by Tim Burton. It was good. I tried to catch "Kill Bill 1", in order to be prepared for "Kill Bill 2", but kept missing it. It'll be around though. As far as the ones I've mentioned, I think you really have to be in the right mood. Happy viewing, nancy :flowers:
noonytunes

#10 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:50 PM

Well it looks like I have some catching up to do. I think I will start with The Passion of the Christ. I have been meaning to see it anyway.

Another movie that I seen recently was 50 First Dates. It is an excellant family movie.

#11 Guest_kindred_*

Guest_kindred_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:12 PM

I just seen Jersey Girl, a refreshing movie from kevin Smith. Wacthed jacob's ladder for the 3rd tie since alnggg time ago still trying to figure it out. Passion of the Christ was good. Also loved the last samurai even though I dont like tom cruise) he did a god job in this movie!

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2004 - 12:48 AM

Last samurai was amazing...not a huge fan of cruise, but the movie was excellent.

As for jacobs ladder, I figured it out perfectly and then confirmed it with someone else who is in the movie industry . Let me know if you want me give it a way..

#13 Guest_kindred_*

Guest_kindred_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 September 2004 - 01:37 AM

es pleae please lol. Since it came out it is the one movie I cant figure out. Only because it threw me about the future thing

#14 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the fun thread Jason~

Ah, I am embarrassed to admit I haven't watched that many movies lately. Passion of the Christ? Haven't seen it yet but I want to, I don't know if I want the kids to see that one. I have seen Van Helsing. That was a good movie. I liked it. Saw the latest Harry Potter. All I can say about that is FANTASTIC. I loved it. Some very nice computer graphics in that movie. I am hoping to go see Cellular on Tuesday. That should be good.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#15 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:00 AM

I have seen all of the Harry Potter movies. First, at the theatre, then with the purchase from DVD. Although there are some very excellant special effects, I could not really get into them. My wife really enjoys them, as a 'requirement' when purchasing the movie, we watched them the day when we got them at the store.

Spider Man 2 was another recent movie that we have seen. I enjoyed this one more then the 1st, and the same goes to my wife. There was even a few parts that she teared up on. Before the movie was over, she mentioned to be that this will be a must buy when it comes out on video.

Ah, I am embarrassed to admit I haven't watched that many movies lately

Don't be embarrassed. If it wasnt for my computer, I probably would not watch many movies myself. It is one of my most common multi-tasking things. No wonder why it takes me weeks to finish a tutorial. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users