Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ADSL connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:11 AM

I am using ADSL internet connection -Speedy100- with a NDS1060USB modem. My question is if I can connect another pc in parallel from the same port. Could it cause any problem? Would It be better to use speedy 200 or higher or use any other modem with one more port.? i would appreciatte your answer.
rgds
mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:33 PM

From the same port? This is a one-port ADSL 'modem' device? The preferred way to connect more than one PC to an ADSL (or other high-speed) internet connection is by way of a routing device. Some modems do provide multiple ports and perform as both the modem for the ADSL and the router for multiple PCs. But also typical is to purchase a home/small office router to expand that single port.

You may want to re-address this question to the Networking forum as it is probably more appropriate there.

#3 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:34 PM

PCHARTWELL
Tks fyr response, it clarifies my doubt.
rgds
mloo55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users