Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Help ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

Hi guys, I have an E-Machine W3052 Desktop Computer.After I restart it I am always getting the Found New Hardware Wizard Icon in my Start Tray and the first pop up says keeps prompting me to install the SM Bus Controller.I am not exactly sure what this is.I had put im Universal Bus Controller and different things on the list but as soon as you do it says Device could not start and when you look in Device Manager all that has happened is I have added another SM Bus Controller and must uninstall it.The same happens with the second prompt I get with the Found New Hardware Wizard.It keeps prompting me to Install "Other PCI Bridge Device".I cannot remember what it is but the same thing happens .I end up having to Uninstall it.It fixes the errors in Device Manager tree but in no time it starts giving me the same two prompts.Sometimes when I just log off.Can anybody help me remedy this problem or tell me what the heck is going on.It gets very annoying after a while as you can imagine.My Standard Game Port wants to do the same thing but it does not prompt me.When you open Device Manager there it is again with a question mark.I am sick of going in circles.I would TRULY appreciate any help,suggestions or resolutions.Thanks guys !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

SMBus is the System Management Bus defined by Intel in 1995. It is used in personal computers and servers for low-speed system management communications.

It doesn't matter if the system has an AMD or Intel processor...this situation occurs with each.

Your chipset drivers should automatically install this from the drivers CD you obtained with your system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users