Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PROCESSORS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Racoonslayer

Racoonslayer

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:49 PM

Hey, I am building a new machine and am wondering what processor/socket to go with. since there are so many out there, now im kinda stuck. I herd that the socket 775 P4 processors were really good for gaming , but what bout like AMD?? help would b very much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:24 AM

u can try the AMD FX55, those are pretty good from what i hear. but when i build my computer its gonna have the AMD Athlon 64 X2 (or X3 by the time i can finally do it)

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:22 AM

Dar Raccon,

I would wait to upgrade your CPU just a little while longer. Both Intel and AMD are putting out new processors this Fall.

If you can't wait AMD has the gaming market now but your going to pay!

Let us know,

jundk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#4 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:49 PM

am going to buy the asrock k8 combo motherboard,it has two diferant socket AMD ALi M1689 754/939 CPU/FSB 64/64FX SATA ASRock "K8 COMBO-Z" Specifications: Supported CPU:this way you can upgrade processor at anytime

http://bizrate.lycos.com/marketplace/produ...-302240076.html
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users