Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jusched.exe - Missing procedure entry point for msvcrt.dll?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nivag22

nivag22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hi there!

Every time I'm logging on to Windows XP, and error message is the first thing to come up. The message title is jusched.exe and the message says that there is a missing procedure entry point ??_V@QAXPAX@Z for the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll. Not knowing much about computers, I find this VERY confusing. The corresponding oddity on my computer is that on search engines like Google, in the search results the links to the websites are not going to their intended destinations and are being redirected to sites like Yahoo. This is happening in all of my web browsers, being Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. I've read that jusched.exe is associated with the Java plug-in.

I've tried reading some other forums and topics on this site about problems with ??_V@QAXPAX@Z and msvcrt.dll, but none of them pertained specifically to jusched.exe, but rather to other .exe files. I'm afraid that this is the work of some spyware or malware that I must have picked up, and it's getting to be really annoying while using search engines, so any help would be greatly GREATLY be appreciated. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Also, the McAfee software on my computer will run quick scans only, and will stop working right after the scan starts if you try to do a full or custom scan, saying there is an error getting scan process.. Is this some kind of side effect of this problem, or other spyware, malware or trojans? Thanks!

Gavin

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 26 August 2009 - 01:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:30 AM

Hi,

Try this please:

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" JRE 6 Update 16.
  • Click the Download button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u16-windows-i586-s.exe to install the newest version.
-- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.

Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click Ok and reboot your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users