Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Legit Products?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bobz_Pop

Bobz_Pop

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

All,
Have just in the last couple days run across 2 users who have Reg Cure and/or Drive cure on their laptops. Most of my users don't travel and have desktops, so they are just power users. My traveling folks have laptops, use vpn or Citrix while on the road so they are in the admin group.
I saw they have the products named. I have done some research and while this looks like a legit company that puts these out, i have found many, many more horror stories about the company and products.
Does anyone have any information or experience with Reg Cure or Drive Cure?
Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobz Pop :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

Hi,

As far as I know those programs are legit. But note that the BleepingComputer staff doesn't recommend using registry cleaners/software.

So if it was my choice, I would take some more known programs, like CCleaner. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users